CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Joanna & Kelly

Joanna & Kelly
Not So Desperate Housewives

Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Grandma's 83rd Birthday!



Last Sunday, May 23rd, was my Grandma's 83rd birthday and my family decided to throw her a surprise party for the occasion.


I'm usually the one to bake her cake. Well, okay, I have been for the past few years. She expects it of me now! So, as we planned out a menu for the surprise party that was held at Twin Falls State Park, I started cake planning, in my head first, of course.


Church members were all there. Aunts, uncles, cousins...It was nice. However, the nicest part was knowing that she already knew I was baking her a cake. When I asked how she already knew, she said, "Because you always do."


My grandma, Georgie Ellen Sizemore-Shrewsberry, taught me everything I know about working in the kitchen and baking. The least that I can do for her is bake her birthday cake, right?

Anyhow, the party was a hit, and the cake was gone practically before I even sat it on the table.



Moral of this story? Well, when your grandmother teaches you how to be a baking whiz (yes, I'm bragging), you bake her a cake anytime she wants one!

0 comments: